This coming Saturday the 29th June sees the return of the infamous Urie Society open day. A chance to see our progress, chat with the team involved and learn a little more about our two S15’s the only two remaining original builds as designed by Robert Urie back in the early 20th Century.
This year you will not only be able to see where we are with 499 but excitingly, with 506 just back in
The open day is at Ropley from 11am to 4pm and will also include:
• A chance to see the work done so far on 499 as we restore her, as best we can, to how she first looked when outshopped from Eastleigh in 1920
• Photo boards of the work we’ve had to undertake on both loco’s
• Archive film footage
• Meet the engineering team
• Meet the MHR team who completed 506
• Our Sales cabin offering railway and Urie items for sale to help support our restoration work
• Shed tours
So we hope to see you there! Don’t forget to share your photos from the day on your social media channels, mentioning @uriesociety in your post.