Saturday 1 July sees the return of our annual open day at the Watercress Line at Ropley, Hampshire.
Between 11am and 4pm you are invited to look behind the scenes at the running and reservation of our Urie S15s 499 and 506. Admission is free with parking available in ‘top’ car park off Bighton Hill (SO24 9SQ).
During the day you will be able to:
• Meet the team
• Visit the Boilershop
• Browse the progress photos on display
• Gain full access to 499; see the phenomenal progress made to the engine
• Watch a short film showing footage of 506 in her MHR running days
• Talk to the specialists – MHR boilershop foreman & our specialist fabricator
• View a display of components fabricated ‘in-house’
• Visit the sales stand – superb supply of ‘as-new’ books
• Enter our Fund-raising raffle
Whilst you are there why not share your experience on your Social Media, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn… just search for and mention the Urie Society!